VMware Edu & Cert Community
baljitbasra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP 3/4/5 Expires 10 March Queries.

Hi,

All my VCP's are due to expire 10th March and I want to take the 550 Delta exam this Sunday and wondering if that's possible as you don't visit a test centre?

I have requested my Delta Authorisation 6th Jan so hopefully that is still valid.

VMware Exam: Ready to Schedule

Your request to register for the certification exam has been processed.

Student: xxxxx

Exam: VCP5-DCV Delta Exam (VCP550D) [VCP550D]

Candidate ID: xxxxxx

You can now go to:

http://www.pearsonvue.com/vmware

to schedule your exam. Login using the name and Candidate ID provided above.

Good luck to you on your exam.

Sincerely,

The VMware Technical Certification Team

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

Yes, the VCP550D is online and certainly runs on Sunday.  You can start the exam immediately after scheduling and paying - in fact it expires in a couple days if you don't start it.

Note tho if you don't pass there is a 7-day wait.  Which means you'd need to schedule (and pass) a different VCP-exam in 2 days if you fail on Sunday.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

Yes, the VCP550D is online and certainly runs on Sunday.  You can start the exam immediately after scheduling and paying - in fact it expires in a couple days if you don't start it.

Note tho if you don't pass there is a 7-day wait.  Which means you'd need to schedule (and pass) a different VCP-exam in 2 days if you fail on Sunday.

0 Kudos
baljitbasra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Many thanks.

Completely understand I have one try.  Just wish i had more time to prepare. :-(.

Should i fail the exam, I shall wait for the new vSphere 6 courses and certifications and redo it all.

Wish me luck.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I know there are many who have waited til close to the March 10th date - I was one of them!

I passed the delta exam last Friday, I knew I would have time for a re-take by doing that, in case one was needed...

Best of luck 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There's some great guidance here: VMware VCP 5.5 Delta Exam (#VCP550D) Passed! | The Virtual Unknown

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
baljitbasra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Many thanks Guys. All passed this morning.  Happy Sunday!

8 March 2015VCP550DPass
26 February 2012VCP510Pass
27 November 2009VCP410Pass
3 July 2009VCP310Pass
0 Kudos