VMware Edu & Cert Community
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP 2022

I know that VMware has declared that certifications no longer expire, but they do only allow for taking the latest VCP test if you hold certain versions of the VCP.  Right now they allow anyone with a VCP-6.5 or VCP-2019 to take the VCP-2021 test.  I hold a VCP-2019 and was wondering if I wait until next year to take the VCP-2022 if it'll be valid or if I need to take the VCP-2021 this year

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Either draw a conclusion from this: https://blogs.vmware.com/education/2020/02/05/certification-upgrade-policy-update/

Or email certification@vmware.com and ask.

My interpretation of the page I linked to suggests you would be 3 versions back as of January 2022, so would still have the option to pass an exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks.  I read that policy and it does suggest that it will be sufficient but I wanted to be 100% certain.  I'll e-mail VMware to set my fears to rest

0 Kudos