VMware Edu & Cert Community
Virtualred99
Contributor
Contributor

VCP 2021 Eligibility

Hi all

I certified in Dec 2019 as VCP 2019 and now want to refresh that certification. I see currently its not a requirement to sit the updated course in order for me to take the exam. Do we know how long that may last?

Cheers

Matthew

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You are correct in that currently the VCP-DCV 2019 does not require a mandatory course attendance in order to decertify however anything older does. 
VMware publish new requirements for the VCP-DCV in January each year so I fully expect that the VCP-DCV 2019 will switch to a mandatory course attendance then if you wanted to renew your cert. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

My short answer to your question is "probably only til the end of 2021".

My long answer is below, based on this page: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv.html

You might notice from the VCP-DCV page that "VCP-DCV 2019 or VCP6.5-DCV" is currently the oldest version which has the training only as "recommended" rather than as "required".

That being the case, I would not expect VCP-DCV 2022 to allow the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Virtualred99
Contributor
Contributor

Great thanks for the info Tim

0 Kudos
Virtualred99
Contributor
Contributor

Yes that is what I suspected, thanks Scott!

0 Kudos