VMware Edu & Cert Community
ryans990
Contributor
Contributor

VCP 2019 recertification query

I have several VCP5 and VCP6 certifications from previous years, and these have always been recertified for another 2 years whenever I pass a new exam.

I passed the VCP-NV exam last week and earned the VCP-NV 2019 certification. Upon looking at the VMware transcript and the Certification manager, the VCP-NV appears to have no expiry date, and the existing VCP (DCV and DT) expiry dates have not changed.

Is this just a case of the VMware website being broken/slow to update, or is this a change of recertification policy from VMware?  In the past a VCP in a new field would extend all active VCPs.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Quoting Karl Childs from the comments below this article:

"All other policies, including the recertification policy, is still the same. However, we are doing some things that will make it simpler to keep current…keep an eye out over the next couple months."

Give it a few days, and if the dates don't change you might want to email certification@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ryans990
Contributor
Contributor

I heard back from the certification team, who have told me that there has been a change to certification policies (though this has not been communicated yet).

The VCP-NV 2019 does not expire, and there is no information yet on what happens to your certs in another track when you pass the exam.

VMware really need to get their act together communicating this information, as they are giving out confusing information at the moment.  One of my colleagues has a VCP expiring in less than weeks, and the certification team advised him today to wait for further announcements before planning his recertification strategy.

0 Kudos
ryans990
Contributor
Contributor

Karl's response to me:

"Hi Ryan, it’s actually some work that is being done on our back-end systems that are showing some different data…I’ll be sending out a note next week in regards to the change in the system, but your certifications have been recertified since you passed the exam and earned the 2019 certification."

Looks like we wait and see exactly what is changing next week.

0 Kudos
Iain_Worsfold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Please see a link to yesterdays announcement regarding the recertification policy. This I hope will answer your question.

https://blogs.vmware.com/education/2019/02/04/vmware-certification-recertification-is-changing-and-w...

0 Kudos
cahardey
Contributor
Contributor

Please review the FAQ related to the removal of the recertification policy. See FAQ item below:
Q: When will this change happen?

A.The recertification changes to the policy are in effect now.The 2019 certifications, upgrade paths, and other policyinformation will be posted on the VMware certificationwebsite. The change in CertManager and candidate transcripts will reflect the change starting in April 2019.

0 Kudos