VMware Edu & Cert Community
Jeracpet
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP-DCV Deploy 2023

Hello,
I'm little confused from new exams. I'm holding VCP-DCV 2021 (2V0-21.20) and I want to continue do VCAP-DCV Deploy 2023. I understand that I need to achieve VCP-DCV 2023 cert, I also want to have course VMware vSphere: Operate, Scale and Secure [V8], but this is not in recommended courses for VCAP. In certification path are couses from V7. Can I absolve VCP-2023 + VMware vSphere: Operate, Scale and Secure [V8] to continue with VCAP-DCV 2023? Thnak you.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Jeracpet
Contributor
Contributor

I read some topics below mine, and I'm confused much more. How I should continue? I cannot pass 2V0-21.20 again if I understood correctly, so I cannot renew my cert to 2023 (the same exam) So please how should I continue? Optimize and Scale V7?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The current VCAP -DCV Deploy exam is based on vSphere 7, hence why 7.x courses are recommended rather than 8.x.

You do need to update your VCP-DCV 2021 first, but at the moment there is no option for you to do that given that it would require you to pass the same exam (which is not possible) - I'm tagging @KarlChilds as this seems to be an anomaly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Jeracpet
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I don't understand why It does matter. Numbers of cert exams are the same for 2021 and 2022/23, so these exames should be the same  or not? Will be there any option for update, from your post I understood that there will be only one option to wait for V8 and start again.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Each exam has a unique code, if the exam changes for a product version a new code would be used - so the exam you passed in 2021 is the same exam as today, for vSphere 7.x.

I would expect there to be an exam for vSphere 8.x soon, there always has been for previous releases.

In the meantime, the user I tagged in my previous reply may be able to help further.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Jeracpet
Contributor
Contributor

In VCAP-DCV track 2023 is course Advanced Deploy VMware vSphere 7.x (3V0-22.21N) which is for 7.x products, and VCP-DCV 2023 is required which is the exactly the same exam 2V0-21.20 as I have from 2021, so I should be able to continue with VCAP exam which is above. I hope that @KarlChilds brings here more light into my situation and confusion. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

But this page for the VCAP say your VCP must be from 2022 or 2023: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcap-dcv-deploy.html

And your is not, even though you passed the same exam as someone could today and get the VCP for 2023.

That the VCAP is based on 7.x training and a 7.x exam today is not the relevant part of what I'm referring to.

Over to Karl...

0 Kudos
Jeracpet
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I know, but exams from 2021 and 2023 are exactly the same (their exam numbers are the same). So I dont understand why the update is required, and how the update is doable.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I know they're the same exam because they have the same number - that's what I'm also telling you.

At the moment, you only have the options to either wait for Karl to clarify the situation regarding you existing VCP and the VCAP, or for a new exam to be released which would allow you to update you VCP.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The new exam for vSphere 8.x has been released, giving you the path to update to VCP-DCV 2023: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv-8-exam.html

FrankOjeda
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for helping me out.

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello @Jeracpet, it looks like the answer was clarified. There is a new exam available on v8 that will allow you to upgrade your VCP to 2023 version, and then earn the VCAP-DCV Deploy 2023 using either the current exam on v7, or the one later this year that will be available on v8.

Thanks,

Karl

Jeracpet
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
Thank you. That means, if I understand correctly, that I shouldn't be in the new courses for V8. I can only pass the new cert exam, right?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Choose the "VCP-DCV 2020 or Newer" path on this page: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html

It shows that you need to pass the new vSphere 8.x exam, based on your previous history as per this post.

0 Kudos