VMware Edu & Cert Community
egroeg1
Contributor
Contributor

VCAN 610 - Network Virtualisation - enrollment

Hi all.

I have a member of my team who wants to take the VCAN 610 - the vmware literature has confused me a bit, the questions I have are:

Do you need to be a VCP as a pre-req for this course - he isnt, and doesnt have any desire to do his VCP

The course appears to be an online only course - does anyone know if it is available as a classroom course and if so where

How is the actual exam completed, it says pearson vue, but when I search the pearson vue website it doesnt have this as an available course?

am I missing something?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM

what do you mean by VCAN 610? 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Wasn't VCAN610 the exam code for the original VCA-NV certification?

That certification has been updated to VCA6-NV, and you'll find the information about the training and the exam here: VCA6-NV Certification

VCA is the lowest tier of VMware certification, VCP is the next level up, so no there is no VCP pre-requisite for a VCA.

VCA6-NV is done entirely online, the Fundamentals training is free and self-paced, and the exam (while administered through PearsonVUE) can be taken from any location.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos