VMware Edu & Cert Community
asurania1
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading VCP-NV - VMware Certification Site has Conflicting Policies in Upgrading the Certification

I Plan  to Upgrade my  VCP6-NV then do the VCAP-NV later this year.

1. When i did my VCP6-NV I took the 2V0-642 exam.

2. Am i allowed to retake the same exam to upgrade my certification to VCP-NV 2020 ?

3. In the below link it states you can not take the same certification exam again once your passed. This is creating a conflict with VMware new certification upgrade policy.

4. My assumption is that the below policy is no longer valid and the pdf needs to be updated

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmw-certification-re...   (Note this pdf is dated for 2017)

"Once a candidate passes a proctored exam, they cannot take that exam again until a new major exam revision is released"

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You cannot take that same exam again because you passed it - the PDF is correct.

There are alternative ways of you achieving VCP-NV 2020 - I believe paths 1.1.3 and 1.1.6 of this page apply to your situation, so you could either pass the 2V0-41.19 exam on NSX-T 2.4 or complete an NSX or NSX-T class.

However, you may not need to achieve VCP-NV 2020 as part of becoming a VCAP. You don't say which of the VCAPs you intend on doing, but you can review the current requirements and path options for Deploy 2020 and Design 2020. (these may change as newer exams are released through the year)

You can review your current status with Certification Manager. (the above links will also take you to that site)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos