VMware Edu & Cert Community
DoodBowli
Contributor
Contributor

Update The Professional VMware vSphere 7.x Exam (2V0-21.20) to Version 8 release date

Update The Professional VMware vSphere 7.x Exam (2V0-21.20) to Version 8 any release date

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Nothing yet. This page will be updated: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Updated exam has just been announced. 

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Now available: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv-8-exam.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
kelvinvm04
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome! Excited about the new vSphere 8 exam. I know it doesn't pertain to DCV, but, just out of curiosity, as it relates to the NV track, is there any anticipated timeline/fiscal quarter for when the NSX 4 exam is going to be released? Thanks!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Release dates for future exams are not published, for now the exams for vSphere and Horizon have new versions.

0 Kudos
Cpio9
Contributor
Contributor

i had the VSICM v8 course in the last Feb. if i take the exam V7  2V0-21.20  in May , will it be upgraded to V8 automatically ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Cpio9 

If you complete the VCP-DCV requirements at any time this year you’ll be a VCP-DCV 2023, regardless of the mix of vSphere versions for your training and for your exam. Why take the v7 exam though if you're already trained on v8?

0 Kudos