VMware Edu & Cert Community
brilliantc
Contributor
Contributor

Unexpected requirement for upgrading VCP5 to VCP6

Thanks for everyone's effort making the VMware community great.

For some reason, I was "told" to pass two exams to upgrade my VCP5 to VCP6. The exams are,

VCP6-DCV Exam (2V0-621)

vSphere 6 Foundations Exam (2V0--620)

Am I wrong to assume I only need to pass one exam, which is VCP6-DCV Exam (2V0-621)?

I went through this community but not yet got a better clue what vSphere 6 Foundations Exam (2V0--620) is about.

Do I have to do it?

I am very confused, sorry if I have been ignorant.

Thanks for any help.

According to (Migration Paths from v5 Certification to v6 - VMware Education and Certification Blog - VMware Blogs)

upgrading from VCP5 to VCP6: Only one exam is required............

But under (https://mylearn.vmware.com/)

Home > Services > Certification > Enrollments > Manage Plan

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

‌The one exam you need to pass is 2V0-621D - have a look at path 1 here: VCP6-DCV Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you need to pass only one exam and that is 2v0-621d you can get more info here VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
brilliantc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott & Ranjna

Do we know why the other exam is shown vSphere 6 Foundations Exam (2V0--620) under my VCP6-DCV requirement?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

‌That looks like a training plan for newbies to gain their VCP6-DCV - no idea where you found it or how you subscribed to it, it doesn't apply to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It could be because the VCP5-DCV Delta exam ended on Dec 31, 2015 so it's no longer an option.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos
VirtualCloud
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have noticed the same thing. However if you select the option 'New VCP6-DCV with current VCP5-DCV certification' it will only list one exam as a requirement - either 2V0-621D or 2V0-621:

2016-01-28_03-26-21.png

0 Kudos
someshrs
Contributor
Contributor

I cleared VCP6 Delta exam yesterday and it shows now in my Transcript as Valid Through 2018. So I am VCP5 + VCP6 now. So guys, please go for 2V0-621D if you already hold non-expired VCP5.x. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos