VMware Edu & Cert Community
LM0513
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Took and passed the VCP510

It was tough, but I passed the exam today.  I took the required 5-day course last month and it's listed in mylearn as "Completed".  However, I have a couple of questions.

1.)  How does VMware verify that I took the required course and passed the exam?  The only information they have is my name and email.  Do they match the email used with the class registration and the one used to schedule the exam?

2.)  Is the VCP5 title now called VCP5-DV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Congratulations.

1. Yes

2. Yes

You should get an email from them in the next few days asking you to login to myLearn and complete a task, if you've not received an email after about a week then email them - certification@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Congratulations.

1. Yes

2. Yes

You should get an email from them in the next few days asking you to login to myLearn and complete a task, if you've not received an email after about a week then email them - certification@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
orthohin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Congratulations....

Regards,
Milton

Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window
0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the communities and congratulations!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
gbhorne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Congrats!

VCP 5.1, CASP, SSSE, CCDA
0 Kudos
alasad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Congratulations..

and thanks scott Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Congratulations and welcome to the Club.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos