VMware Edu & Cert Community
sfinn9286
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Time Frame Between ICM and VCP Test

Hello,

When i was hired at my company last february i went through the VMWare ICM 5.0 Class. I am just getting around to studying to take my VCP 5 but a few of my co workers said they were told by instructors theres a 3 - 6 month time frame after the ICM that you have to take the VCP in otherwise you need to retake the ICM. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Thanks,

Shaun

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gav0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

https://mylearn.vmware.com/MgrReg/login.cfm?ui=www_cert

Once you log in click on 'myTranscript' on the right hand side and then you should see the ICM listed under 'Courses'

cheers

Gav

Please award points to your peers for any correct or helpful answers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Gav0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I've not heard that one before. You can check in you VMware learning profile where it should list your ICM course as complete.

Of its invalid it should say so in there

Gav

0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Communities

There is no time limit to take the exam after the completing the course, you can take the exam until the exams are avilable

From FAQ Section

Do I have to take the VCP5-DV Exam within a certain time period after taking the qualifying course?

No. There is no set time frame for taking the exam after attending the class.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I'm sure some of my colleagues who look after the VCI program would love to know which instructors are giving out such poor information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can give this exam untill the exam is available. No time limit for this.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
cloudro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

have cleared the VCP5 exam on 24th jan, but i haven't received my certificate nor logo nor workstation license..pleae advice

0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Communities cloudro and Congrats on the pass!!

Have you recevied any confrimation email from vmware on your pass and to confirm your shipping address? This would be normally within 2-3 weeks and printed certificate would take upto 6 weeks after confirming the address.

you could write to  certifications@vmware.com asking them for the status

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
sfinn9286
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My apologies, im not 100% sure where to navigate to to get to the VMware Learning Profile. ive got to the profile in my account but don't see that section. I have confirmed with the training department at my company that the course was completed and i believe I received some paper work on it last year. I just want to make sure i get everything ironed out before i take the VCP and find out i need to redo the ICM.

Thanks,

Shaun

0 Kudos
Gav0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

https://mylearn.vmware.com/MgrReg/login.cfm?ui=www_cert

Once you log in click on 'myTranscript' on the right hand side and then you should see the ICM listed under 'Courses'

cheers

Gav

0 Kudos
sfinn9286
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

If i dont see the ICM course listed there who should i contact to try to get the course added to my transcript since i've completed it?

Thank you,

Shaun Finn

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

certification@vmware.com can help with that

0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If i dont see the ICM course listed there who should i contact to try to  get the course added to my transcript since i've completed it?

Check if you have used any other Email address to register for the class, You could contact center and ask them for the email address which you have used.

Have you recevied the course completion certificate after complete the course?

0 Kudos
Gav0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

you can email certification@vmware.com for assistance.

When I did my course i'm pretty sure the instructor had us create a profile if we didnt have one and we had to log on and register each day of the course to validate our attendance.

Rack your brains and see if this sounds familiar - if not contact the above email address or contact the training provider,

Gav

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you took the class with VMware they will have registered you against that class and the instructor should have logged into the system to confirm your attendance.

If you took the class with a VATC training partner the instructor should have asked you to register yourself at the beginning of the class - this would also confirm your attendance.

As others have said, pop an email to certification@vmware.com if you need help. The bottom line is that as long as your class was an authorised class you meet the training requirement for VCP5-DV - now it's just the small matter of passing the exam...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
HotstartJustin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Shaun,

He maybe talking about the VCP5 voucher.  I completed the FastTrack 5.0 class in Febuary and the instructor did mention that the voucher was only good for 1 year...

Justin Allen
0 Kudos