VMware Edu & Cert Community
mulliganx14
Contributor
Contributor

Study Guides / Material for CMA

Hello, I am thinking about taking the Cloud Management and Automation 2022 (VCP-CMA 2022) exam. 

For my previous VCP certification exams I was always had the benefit of a read along book to purchase that provided a great amount of detail either from VMware itself, or Sybex, etc etc. 

For the VCP-CMA, I do not see anything available outside of the "Exam Topics" I wanted to check here first in case someone could share any great information to prep for the exam.  Study guides or even practice tests would be great. 

5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You have the exam guide here: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-cma-8-3-exam.html

This is for the previous version but might still help: https://288clouds.com/2020-12-13-vcp-cma-2020-section-1.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
mulliganx14
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott.  Judging from the lack of any job postings for vRealize on a number of Job Search Sites, and also combined with the minimal amount of material available as compared to other VCP exams for the vRealize CMA Certification, it does not sound like this Certification is worth it in my opinion.  

From what I can see, there are some nice vRealize blogs from Cloud Management Blogs, but outside of that I do not see much else happening with this product in the professional space.   Appreciate you sharing the material you did find though.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vRA is a significant product to VMware, we have a lot of customers of all different shapes and sizes which use it, and dedicated teams of people who sell it to and deploy it for those customers.

That being said, it is more niche than other VMware products, so the certification is less common.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mulliganx14
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, the product has very nice capabilities with much potential.  However, the amount of material available in the form of study guides to create new VCP certifications and interest in the vRealize market is not there.   

Again, highlighting the employment market typing in "vRealize", "vRA", etc. etc. into a number of Job search sites returns little to none results.  Completely lacking.  These are things that would be beneficial to highlight with VMware marketing team and education/certification teams.   

0 Kudos
ravjyo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA, using Service Broker, Cloud Assembly, Code Stream is a great product if a customer is into and heading towards "DevOps" and "as a code" type of model. Code Stream, I have found very useful, but as Scott mentioned, it is niche product..