VMware Edu & Cert Community
ivan_zavialov
Contributor
Contributor

Spring exam: where is my certificate?

So, when booking an exam, I chose the version "without a prior training". I don't own any certificates so far.

However, I prepared and then passed it at a certified facility. Now I struggle to find a link to my well-deserved certificate. Talking to the masterpiece of AI "Virtual Assistant" didn't answer this question, so I'm asking it here. Where is it?

P.S. At mylearning I saw my exam and a status "Passed", but when I went to "Certifications", there was only a message that it will appear once "all requirements met". And what are those?

Are you gonna tell me that in order to get my cert I gonna book "a training" whose costs are never explicitly mentioned, and pass it retrospectively, after I already passed the exam itself?! Is this a missing requirement?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/spring-certified-pro.html

If you then select ‘No VCP certifications’, you get the following steps to become certified…

STEP 1 : (Recommended) Gain experience with Application Modernization, VMware Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Framework

STEP 2 : (Required) Attend ONE of the training courses in 2022

STEP 3 : (Required) Pass the qualifying exam

Note that step 2 and step 3 are ‘required’ steps. 
0 Kudos
ivan_zavialov
Contributor
Contributor

I saw it. Now I passed the certification itself. I passed an exam. Step 3 is completed. That still means I have to go back to step 2 and take an online course for the exam that I passed, right?

0 Kudos
ivan_zavialov
Contributor
Contributor

And if I do buy a training after I passed an exam, am I able to get my cert then? Or according to this logic, after the training I'm supposed to take an exam again? What is the policy here?

0 Kudos
ivan_zavialov
Contributor
Contributor

And I probably stated the question wrongly. I chose the version "Having VCP" which lead me to the reservation of an exam without prior training.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You need to meet all the requirements (training and exam), but they can be completed in any order, so take one of the required courses and you’ll get your certification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JGM1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Ivan, in the end, what did yo do in order to get your certificate? Did you join a training course?

0 Kudos