VMware Edu & Cert Community
palves16666
Contributor
Contributor

Spring 6 and Spring boot 3: On-demand courses and certifications

Once, the Spring 6 and Spring boot 3 will launch only in NOV2022;

After this launch;

When Vmware will provide courses(on-demand) and certifications for theses "new versions"?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you mean this kind of training?

https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=one&id_subject=94106

VMware don't publish their training roadmap publicly, I think it's reasonable to expect a new major version to have training material to match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
palves16666
Contributor
Contributor

Hello ...

I could see that, now, a Training is required for the Spring certification....

However, in https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/spring-certified-pro.html , I found the follows options:

Certification Path [b]if you hold no VCP certifications[/b]
STEP 1 : (Recommended) Gain experience with Application Modernization, VMware Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Framework
STEP 2 : (Required) Attend ONE of the training courses

HOWEVER, SEEMS LIKE, there is another option:
Certification Path if you hold a VCP-Spring 2020 or Newer
STEP 1 : (Recommended) Gain experience with Application Modernization, VMware Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Framework
Option 1 - Attend ONE of the training courses in 2023

I conclude that.... Obviously
1) According, this second option, the people that hold a VCP-Spring 2020 or Newer, do no need the 'Training' to take the certification, once this would a Option
2) And people that, are taking "the first Spring certification" is (Required) Attend ONE of the training courses
???

PS: I think is a obvious question, but soo many forums are not understand that...thats the why I am asking for VM, in order to clarify this double in some forums

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You have it correct. If you already hold a Spring cert, the requirements are reduced. This is the same way it works for other VCPs. If you are starting from scratch, you must do a training and an exam. If you have already started in some way (different tracks have different requirements), the overall level of effort is reduced. 

0 Kudos