VMware Edu & Cert Community
Talevin
Contributor
Contributor

Some questions about the vcp exam

Hello,

I'm taking the vcp exam this friday and I have some questions:

1. How many questions are there in the exam? some say 40, some say 80 and some say 230. I'm a bit confused.

2. How long is the exam? I've heard that outside the U.S it's 2 hours and 30 minutes, I want to make sure it's correct (I take it in Israel).

3. How is the exam made? on web? papers?

4. When will I get the results and how will I recieve the certificate itself.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM

1,2) Which VCP exam?

VCP550, VCP510, VCP550D, VCPC550, VCPC510, VCPVCD510, VCPD610, VCPD510, VCP510-DT, VCPN610

3 All are computer-based.  One (VCP550D) you can do from any computer the rest need to be performed at a Pearson Testing Center.

4 Immediately at the conclusion of the exam.  You can print the PDF after it shows up in your mylearn.vmware.com account

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You're taking it this Friday, and you're asking those questions now? I'm surprised you don't know that information.

I would suggest taking a good look through this page: (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

Have a look at the exam blueprint for whichever exam you are taking. (VCP510 or VCP550)

Best of luck for Friday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Talevin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Joshua and thank you for replying!

I'm taking the vcp550.

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

1) 135 questions

2) 120 minutes plus 30 if your home address (in MyLearn and Pearson) is in a non-English speaking country

Talevin
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much!

One last question - is it true that passing the exam is by having at least 80% correct answers?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

The passing score is not publicly available.

0 Kudos
Talevin
Contributor
Contributor

Is the vcp 5.5 exam based on the 5.0 exam by any chance?

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

exam overlap is not publicly available

0 Kudos