VMware Edu & Cert Community
JavaDonJuan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

STEP 3 Professional Develop Spring 2V0-72.22 [now] and STEP 2 Required training [later]

Dear VmWare

I look forward to take Professional Develop VMware Spring 2V0-72.22 exam. I want improve my skills and show engagement to the dev team.

I do not have credits to take required training. I need to fill my piggy bank up.

Assumption: I pass exam.

Will you guarantee certificate when I finally fill my piggy bank up? Event after 5 years?

What if VmWare changes mind and make training optional? Will you enable certificate?

Kind regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you passed the exam today and took authorised training next year you would get the 2023 certification, so long as the current exam still qualifies you for the 2023 certification (which is not guaranteed, it depends on how different a future exam would be)

I don't expect the training to become optional - the Spring certification has only recently switched to having a firm training requirement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you passed the exam today and took authorised training next year you would get the 2023 certification, so long as the current exam still qualifies you for the 2023 certification (which is not guaranteed, it depends on how different a future exam would be)

I don't expect the training to become optional - the Spring certification has only recently switched to having a firm training requirement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos