VMware Edu & Cert Community
rakesh1809
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Regarding VCP Cloud Exam

Hi All,

I would like to appear for VCP Cloud Exam.

Based on the information available on VMware website VMware Certification: Cloud‌, I have to complete below course before taking exam for "Path 1: If you're just getting started using vCloud Director [V5.5]".

Course Name: vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]

When I checked the above course details VMware vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5], I found below prerequisites:

- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]

- VMware vCloud Director: Essentials/Fundamentals [V5.1]

- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking

Does it mean that I have to complete below steps before taking exam?

Step 1: Complete Course "VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]" and "VMware vCloud Director: Essentials/Fundamentals [V5.1]"

Step 2: Complete Course "vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]"

Step 3: Pass the exam "VMware Certified Professional – Cloud (VCP-Cloud)"

Can I directly take "vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]" course and apply for exam?

Please advice me. Thank You.

Regards,

Rakesh Rathod

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Please go through vSphere ICM course content, see it for yourself that, are you going to be able to get all those things in your self-study, if answer is YES.

And as long as you have good exposure to vCenter/ESXi hosts either in your home lab or at work. I think you should be ok to go for vCloud Director course directly.

also make use of Hand-on-labs by vmware at hol.vmware.com. for additional practice like VSAN, vDS etc... many labs are available.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Can I directly take "vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]" course and apply for exam?

Yes, you can do that.

When I checked the above course details VMware vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5], I found below prerequisites:

- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]

- VMware vCloud Director: Essentials/Fundamentals [V5.1]

- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking

Does it mean that I have to complete below steps before taking exam?

Step 1: Complete Course "VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]" and "VMware vCloud Director: Essentials/Fundamentals [V5.1]"

Step 2: Complete Course "vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]"

Step 3: Pass the exam "VMware Certified Professional – Cloud (VCP-Cloud)"

vCloud Director - essentials (step 2 - Optional but recommended) is a Self Paces online free training course offered by VMware so it's definitely recommended that you take it before you attend vCD ICM class. but vSphere ICM is not required, highly recommended if you don't have much knowledge of ESXi hosts and vCenter server. because during vCD course, training won't be able to spend much time explaining those concepts. and yes solid understanding of networking is going to be definitely needed to understand vCD networking module.

If you are good at managing vSphere virtual infra. using vCenter server and you understand ESXi host quite well (then step 1 is optional). also if you posses good knowledge of TCP/IP networking, then I don;t see any hurdle for you to attend vCloud Director course and pass the certification.

0 Kudos
rakesh1809
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have prepared VMware Lab for vCenter Server and ESXi Hosts at my home and learning on my own based on vSphere ICM Course Details. I have good networking knowledge and I also worked on ESXi Host at work.

What is your advice on this?

Option 1: Should I go for the separate training course of vSphere ICM after self learning?

Option 2: Is Self Learning with Home Lab enough?

I am from India and I have checked the vSphere ICM Course Price which is around $924 (62,000 Rupees), while vCloud Director Course Price is half of it. One Training Center recommended me "VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [VCP6.0]" course and separate exam voucher of $175.

Please advice me.

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Please go through vSphere ICM course content, see it for yourself that, are you going to be able to get all those things in your self-study, if answer is YES.

And as long as you have good exposure to vCenter/ESXi hosts either in your home lab or at work. I think you should be ok to go for vCloud Director course directly.

also make use of Hand-on-labs by vmware at hol.vmware.com. for additional practice like VSAN, vDS etc... many labs are available.

0 Kudos
rakesh1809
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your valuable advice. I will go ahead as per your advice.

0 Kudos