VMware Edu & Cert Community
kennygno
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Recertification

my VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization will expire in march.

Is it enough if I take the VCP-Desktop Exam (VCPD510) exam?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ricmarques
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi kennygno

According to the Recertification Policy web page, the answer to your question is "YES": if you (successfully) take the "VMware Certified Professional 5 – Desktop (VCP5-DT)" Exam (VCPD510) exam, then you'll satisfy the recertification requirement for your current VCP5-DCV certification.

Let me quote the relevant information from that web page:

The new policy gives you four options to recertify:

1. Take the current exam for your existing VCP certification solution track. For example, if you are a VCP3, you could take the current VCP5-Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) exam.
  2. Earn a new VCP certification in a different solution track. For example, if you are a VCP-Cloud, you could recertify by earning VCP5-Desktop (VCP5-DT) certification.
  3. Advance to the next level by earning a VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification. For example, if you are a VCP5-DCV you could earn VCAP5-DCA certification.
  4. Renew your current VCP5 DCV by completing a limited-time, streamlined delta exam. The exam is based only on the delta (new) material between the vSphere 5.0/5.1 and vSphere 5.5 exams.

So, your situation is covered by the item "2." above - "Earn a new VCP certification in a different solution track.".

The Question and Answer "18." from the "FAQs" section of that same web page is also relevant:

18. I have multiple VCP certifications. Which date do you look at to determine if I need to recertify?
The most recent certification date will be used to determine your recertification deadline. For example, if you earned VCP5-DCV on January 1, 2012 and VCP5-DT on February 10, 2014, then your recertification deadline will be based on the VCP5-DT date. In this case, the recertification deadline is February 10, 2016.

We will be adding functionality to the system to reflect these situations in the coming months.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Message was edited by: Ricardo Dias Marques (Added reference to Question and Answer 18. from the Recertification Policy FAQs)

Ricardo Dias Marques - http://twitter.com/ricmarques

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ricmarques
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi kennygno

According to the Recertification Policy web page, the answer to your question is "YES": if you (successfully) take the "VMware Certified Professional 5 – Desktop (VCP5-DT)" Exam (VCPD510) exam, then you'll satisfy the recertification requirement for your current VCP5-DCV certification.

Let me quote the relevant information from that web page:

The new policy gives you four options to recertify:

1. Take the current exam for your existing VCP certification solution track. For example, if you are a VCP3, you could take the current VCP5-Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) exam.
  2. Earn a new VCP certification in a different solution track. For example, if you are a VCP-Cloud, you could recertify by earning VCP5-Desktop (VCP5-DT) certification.
  3. Advance to the next level by earning a VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification. For example, if you are a VCP5-DCV you could earn VCAP5-DCA certification.
  4. Renew your current VCP5 DCV by completing a limited-time, streamlined delta exam. The exam is based only on the delta (new) material between the vSphere 5.0/5.1 and vSphere 5.5 exams.

So, your situation is covered by the item "2." above - "Earn a new VCP certification in a different solution track.".

The Question and Answer "18." from the "FAQs" section of that same web page is also relevant:

18. I have multiple VCP certifications. Which date do you look at to determine if I need to recertify?
The most recent certification date will be used to determine your recertification deadline. For example, if you earned VCP5-DCV on January 1, 2012 and VCP5-DT on February 10, 2014, then your recertification deadline will be based on the VCP5-DT date. In this case, the recertification deadline is February 10, 2016.

We will be adding functionality to the system to reflect these situations in the coming months.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Message was edited by: Ricardo Dias Marques (Added reference to Question and Answer 18. from the Recertification Policy FAQs)

Ricardo Dias Marques - http://twitter.com/ricmarques
0 Kudos
kennygno
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks ricmarques.