VMware Edu & Cert Community
Mike_pbs
Contributor
Contributor

Rather hacked off with cerification ...

Well, I've just done the exam a second time, and failed it again ... getting rather hacked off with it all :smileyshocked:

Did better than the first time (first cert exam in over 5 years), but still evidently not good enough.  Have prepped with my own lab (all virtual, but based on the Boerlowie lab), read the official Guide & done the 'exams' there (both the Guide & the 'exams' offered are, I feel, a waste of time & money - the Guide jumps about & lacks cohesion and the exams are so unrepresentative ... !), and read the Sybex book by Scott Lowe (far superior book) - but still no good.

Am at the stage where I'm ready to tell VMWare where to shove it, & go back to MS certification :smileyangry:  Really on a downer with this.  Sure, I know the exams are hard - but this is ridiculous.  It feels like they just don't want people ...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vTagion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I understand your frustrations. I failed my first time as well. It's one of those things that is a frustration but the exam is designed to SHOW people that you KNOW inside and out their systems. Unlike highschool exams that are made so everyone can pass regardless, the VMware certs really go the extra mile. Sure it can suck, but keep trying, don't get down. Use an auto-lab from labguides.com and just become familiar with which buttons are where and what they do. once you can do everything in your sleep you can dominate the test.

Best of Luck!

If you felt my comment was helpful or solved your problem, please return the favor of marking my answer as solved. Thanks! | http://www.vTagion.com
0 Kudos
Bartmosss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Don't despair, work hard and you will succeded.

The test are hard, and I studied a lot to renew my VCP to version 5, even if I work every day with ESXi.

Also, hard test mean that it is worth something....

MCP, A+, Network+, Linux+, VSP, VTSP, VCP
0 Kudos