VMware Edu & Cert Community
ronnutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Question on setting up Home Lab

I am in the process of studying for the VCP certification.  One of the things I need to get familiar with is vCenter.  The ESXi servers I am responsible for at work werent bought with a vCenter license.  I am supporting 4 ESXi server so that probably isnt enough to justify vCenter but since it will probably be on the exam to some extent, I want to become familiar with it.  Being new to VMware, I am trying to figure out which version to download as an eval - VMware vSphere with Operations Management  or VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite ?  If there is another version, I would appreciate any pointers/suggestions.  Do these have the same 60 days that ESXi has before a license is needed ?

Thanks,

Ron

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM

I only see VMware vSphere with Operations Management? At any rate, they sound like the same thing note that you might want to check the latest blueprint for the exam you are studying for to ensure you focus on the features and products covered on the exam.

0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Go for VMware vSphere with Operations Management as these contains the binaries which are related to VCP exam and yes these will include the 60 days trail period

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

VMware vSphere with Operations Management includes vCenter Server, ESXi and other components which you can evaluate for 60 days. You can find other products evaluation - like a 30-day eval version of VMware Workstation - at https://www.vmware.com/try-vmware/

The reason I mention VMware Workstation is that it is possible to build a virtual vSphere lab - which allows to evaluate most of the features and prepare for the exam - based on VMware Workstation. Take a look at e.g. Building the Ultimate vSphere Lab for details.

André

0 Kudos