VMware Edu & Cert Community
jhardman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Question on requirements for the DT exams

Hi All

I seen that the VCA-DT test did not require a VMware certified training course in order to take it. This is a huge plus for a currently unemployed VMware nerd. Smiley Wink

So my question is this, will the VCP-DT and the VCDX-DT exams be the same, i.e. will not require a VMware certified/approved training course prior to taking the exams?

TIA for information you can shed on the subject.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VCP-DT requires that you are also a VCP4 holder, and VCP4 has a vSphere training requirement. VCAP-DT will have VCP-DT as a pre-requisite. So, it's only VCA-DT that has no formal training requirement.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jhardman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Scott.

That's really too bad, VMware is really hurting themselves with these $3K to $5K training requirements. Cisco doesn't have these requirements and still has some of the most valued and respected certifications in the industry. The more certified engineers, i.e. people that know how to use the products at a high level, the more business opportunities VMware will have.

I did the the VMware 3.x training that was the accelerated class aka fast track. I had a fair amount of background already with VMware (have been a owner of VMware products since the beginning), server. linux and some SAN experience. TBH there was nothing in the course that I could not learned from a book, or online webcast and a home lab.

0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Also the VCP4-DT will require the VCA4-DT exam.

Note that the VCDX4-DT will not exist, only the VCAP4-DT. And some rumors say that if you make a VCDX4 application with a View project and you pass the VCDX4 path, then you will become also a VCAP4-DT.

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos