VMware Edu & Cert Community
Rafik_23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem of VCP-DCV certificate

Hi,
3 week ago i have pass the mandatory course required for VCP at scc stanly academy collge and i got a voucher of 70% off. I used this voucher for passing the VCTA (1V0-21.20PSE) exam et till now no problem (i got the VCTA certificate ). One week later, i got the professionel exam (2v0-21.20) but the certificat has not been genrated on VMware certification traker.
Last friday, I open case on VMware virtual assitant and they told me that i havn't pass the mandatory course. i supplied they the stanly completion course certificat. They told that the case is transfered to conserned service. i didn't got any response since friday although i sended serveral email looking for an update because i need this certificat for job interview
I don't undrestand as my intructor at stanly academy told me the using the voucher is the proof of passing the mondatory course.
Why this probleme take much a time to be resolved and also why virtual assitant support didn't respond to our mail.
hope that some one can help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rafik_23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi 

The problem is resolved by Vmware support.

i take 10 days since i opened a ticket on virtual assitance.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I'm not sure why you took the VCTA exam. There is no link between VCTA and VCP.

You should have taken the PSE version of the Professional vSphere 7.x exam, code 2V0-21.20PSE.

Send an email with full details of your exam passes and Stanly completion certificate to certification@vmware.com and ask if they can help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Rafik_23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi scott28tt,

i have taken VCTA because when i finishied the ICM course at stanly acedemy i got the voucher for VCTA only. And this is the proof that i have taken the mondatory course as it is supplied by the stanly academy. The 2V0-21.20PSE is destinated for the pearson who have take the scale and optimisation course not the ICM because when you take scale and optimisation course you got a also a voucher

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

But it's only 2V0-21.20PSE which qualifies for the VCP, I'm still not sure you needed to do the exam for VCTA unless you wanted that certification too.

Maybe this is the "correct" path for VMware IT Academy students to achieve the VCP, I don't know:

1. Install Configure Manage
  2. VCTA exam (PSE version)
  3. Optimize & Scale
  4. VCP exam (PSE version)

My previous advice still applies, email certification@vmware.com - you could also ask Stanly, seeing as they were the provider and would know the correct process to follow.

You might also want to have this thread moved to the dedicated area for VMware IT Academy: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-IT-Academy-Discussions/bd-p/15121

If you do, I can report it to moderators who will move it for you (don't start a duplicate thread)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Rafik_23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi 

The problem is resolved by Vmware support.

i take 10 days since i opened a ticket on virtual assitance.