I already hold VCP-DCV 2020 but, i check in https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=one&id_subject=93247
that require • VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage also.
Is do we have to have vcp-nv training first, or we can jump to vSphere with Tanzu 2022?
Which certification are you trying to achieve, this one?
If so, the requirements are laid out on the page: complete the training and pass the exam.
If not, which certification?
Correct, i trying to achieve VMware Specialist – vSphere with Tanzu 2022.
but, when i read on Vmware Learning -> VMware vSphere with Tanzu: Deploy and Manage [V7] its require a Prerequisites:
This course requires completion the following courses:• VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage
Is it mandatory or not?
No, as per the content on the page you linked to:
This course requires that a student be able to perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
• Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders
• Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template
• Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
• Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster with resource pools
• Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster
If you cannot perform all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses before enrolling in VMware vSphere with Tanzu: Deploy & Manage.
I also received this from one of the course developers:
From my experience, NSX-T plays a pivotal role in the vSphere with Tanzu architecture, and would strongly advise completing the NSX-T Deploy and Manage course. Without a full understanding of this one may struggle with a lot of the networking and troubleshooting side of things.
Might be worth adding more detail on NSX-T to the pre-requisite knowledge section, along with the vSphere elements.