VMware Edu & Cert Community
Gasp2112
Contributor
Contributor

Prepping for VCP6-DCV, any advice?

Hello all, very excited to be joining this community. I took the install, configure, manage class late last year and finally I'm getting around to prep for VCP6-DCV testing. I have the Official Cert Guide which is very dry but looks great and I have many years of hands on VMware in the enterprise. But as everyone knows, in reality you normally use a subset of what the product(s) can offer. I have not found many resources specifically for the first foundations exam though? I'd love to bang that out this week after intensive study before I start my new job Smiley Happy

Any advice?

5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This has to be the starting point: vSphere 6 Foundations Exam

On that page you'll find a detailed list of all exam topics with links to the documents you should read to help prepare against each objective - it's those documents that VMware use to validate exam items - there's a practice exam under the "How to Prepare" section too.

With the topics/objectives in mind, you can do a wider search for resources - I have some listed in this post on my blog: VMware Training and Certification: VCP6-DCV Information and Preparation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Gasp2112
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, Scott this is great information and your blog looks awesome! Much appreciated and so glad I joined. THANK YOU!!!

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

A shameless plug for my VCP6-DCV resources page as well :smileygrin: https://thesaffageek.co.uk/vsphere-6-x-dcv-study-resources/vcp6-dcv/

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here is a free study guide that is pretty comprehensive

Free unofficial study guide for VCP6-DCV exam

0 Kudos
cyberfed2727
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found the free Pluralsight videos to be very helpful. Especially when they are showing hands on stuff. Like you said you may not use all the technologies you will be tested on at least Pluaralsight gives you a video to watch and see how to configure some of the features you may not use.

0 Kudos