VMware Edu & Cert Community
Ben_Lge
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Preparing my way to VCP6.5-DVC

Hello everyone,

I worked as VMware administrator for 3 years, and some time between 2 missions gives me the oportunity to prepare my VCP6.5-DVC certification.

Recently, i read "Mastering VSphere 6" from Nick Marshall and did most all the VSphere Hands On Lab, in addition to my past experience.

Two question now :

-> I can access two vmware training course with my company:

VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5] and VMware vSphere: Optimize & Scale [V6.5]

I think with my experience right now, Optimize & Scale would be the most effective preparation to the certification, do you agree ?

->Is "Foundation exam" necessary to pass the VC6.5-DVC as i see in the description path en VMWare Website ?

Thanks for your replies.

Have a great day

Benjamin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You will need to meet the requirements defined under Path 1 here: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

So, yes you will need to pass 2 exams - vSphere 6.5 Foundations and VCP6.5-DCV.

You will probably benefit more from the Optimize & Scale class given your previous work and experience - just make sure that any exam preparations you do align to the objectives defined in the exam guides (which you'll find by following links on the above page).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You will need to meet the requirements defined under Path 1 here: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

So, yes you will need to pass 2 exams - vSphere 6.5 Foundations and VCP6.5-DCV.

You will probably benefit more from the Optimize & Scale class given your previous work and experience - just make sure that any exam preparations you do align to the objectives defined in the exam guides (which you'll find by following links on the above page).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos