VMware Edu & Cert Community
paolo_barna
Contributor
Contributor

Pearson VUE For VCP4 Certification

Hi all ,

sorry if the question seems obvious but I'd like to schedule an exams for the VCP4 certification , I went to the Pearson Vue site to schedule an exam in February , about the  20th , and the site permit to do it , what happen if VMware decide to  retire the vcp4 for example in January , Do i loose my money paid for  the registration ?

My knowledge is as follow :

I have already did the necessary course and I'm working on ESX , Workstation since 8 years but unfortunately I have only 1 single server ESX so not so confident with many feature of ESX .

I have studied in August creating a home lab on workstation and attempt the vcp4 in September , i failed reaching the result of 193 that for my point of view not bad for the few time dedicated to it .

What do you suggest to you ? Waiting that VMware announce the retired date for vcp4 and then register for the exam with the risk to not find date and time suitable for me or register immediately and risk to choose a date not anymore valid in the future ?

Thanks for your help

Paolo

Message was edited by: vmroyale to remove the ALLCAPS from the subject line

0 Kudos
12 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In terms of the VCP4 exam retirement, no date has been set. VMware are allowing VCP4 holders an "upgrade" to VCP5 with no training requirement until the end of February 2012, so I doubt that they will retire the VCP4 exam before then. But, that is just my thoughts as to what will happen, I would contact Pearson Vue to find out what would happen if the exam got retired before you took it.

Do you really feel like you need that amount of time before re-taking the exam? Four months between first and second attempts seems like a long time to me.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
paolo_barna
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott ,

thanks for your reply to my mail , I'll wait some new about what pearson vue reply to your question.

Yes 4 month is a big amount of time but consider that i use to work at least 10 hours a day and i got the family and children to follow so i use to study

and do exercise in the lunch break and in the late evening plus of course some time on Saturday and Sunday , so not so much time as it seems :-).

Best regards

Paolo

0 Kudos
AnthonyChow
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Paolo,

Seems like go by the VCP exam blueprint is a good roadmap along with the various configuration guide as suggested by the exam blueprint.

I am getting ready for the VCP 4 exam also.

Good luck to you.

0 Kudos
paolo_barna
Contributor
Contributor

@anthonychow ,

you too

paolo

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Well.can you tell me this certification is valid  all over the world?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

All VMware certification programs are global.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
paolo_barna
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

did you have any reply for Pearson Vue regarding my original question for vcp4 exam registration ?

Thanks again for your help.

Paolo Barna

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Paolo, I never said I was contacting PearsonVUE for you - I advised you to contact them.

Scott.

0 Kudos
paolo_barna
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry Scott ,

I misunderstood your reply to my messagge "I would contact Pearson Vue . . . " , sorry again ,

I'll contact them asap .

Best regards

Paolo

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

My apologies for the confusion.

Scott.

0 Kudos
paolo_barna
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

just for your information , I got answer from Pearsonvue about the possibility to schedule an exam for vcp4 in February and eventually an announcement from vmware for the retired exam before the date I have scheduled , so they answer is :

Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE.  You can book the exam for that
date, and the VMware exams can be cancelled or rescheduled 24 hrs before
the appointment with no penalty.   If the exam has expired by then, you
will be advised that this needs to be cancel and the money will be
refunded.

then I have scheduled my vcp4 exam for the 13 of February 2012 , let's start to study and get ready for the examination.

Best regards

paolo

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Great post.keep it up.

0 Kudos