VMware Edu & Cert Community
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Pearson Center for vSphere Foundation Exam

Hello,

I am trying to schedule 2V0-01.19: VMware vSphere 6.7 Foundations Exam 2019 through Pearson but not giving option to select Pearson Center before payment. its just showing exam will be appeared between 16 to 18 April 2020.

Any idea when I can select Pearson Center ?

Thank you!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That exam is "non-proctored", which means you can be anywhere with an internet connection when you attempt it. You cannot take it at a testing centre.

You get a 48-hour window in which to take it from when you book it, hence the dates of April 16th-18th being displayed to you.

It shows in the "Online Exams" section of the Pearson VUE site, all those exams are non-proctored:

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 11.33.15.png

And when you try and book it:

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 11.33.31.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That exam is "non-proctored", which means you can be anywhere with an internet connection when you attempt it. You cannot take it at a testing centre.

You get a 48-hour window in which to take it from when you book it, hence the dates of April 16th-18th being displayed to you.

It shows in the "Online Exams" section of the Pearson VUE site, all those exams are non-proctored:

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 11.33.15.png

And when you try and book it:

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 11.33.31.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Friends,

I am going through udemy.com video course for studying contents and planning to do hol.vmware.com labs..

for foundation exam, what are the required labs need to complete  ?  Are labs on hol.vmware.com related to vSphere are sufficient ?

Thanks and Regards,

Sourabh

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please go to the vSphere Foundations exam page and download the exam guide to understand what topics you will be tested on.

The principle is the same as 2 of your previous threads:

vSphere 6.7  Foundation Exam

6.5 Foundation Exam 2V0-602

Please also remember that ONLY passing the Foundations exam will NOT award you any certification, you must complete other requirements (specific to each type of VCP).

0 Kudos
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Scott,

I am asking something different so please i request you to please do not reroute me to the same thing.

I cannot afford to buy official course and if you are not able to answer or tell me how to build lab without buying official course then please allow others to respond my queries.

Here we have millions of guys who can suggest different different ways of preparing for exam so no need to buy official course. There are official ways to skip these required training in order to VCP certified therefore I am not asking why we need to buy official course. I am asking suggestion on my way of preparation which i described previously.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you review the exam guide you will understand what you need to know how to do, then when you take labs on hol.vmware.com you will understand for yourself what is missing - the guidance given by me and by others on your previous threads does not change in that respect.

You did not ask about building your own lab, but now you have these links should help you:

Learn How to Build a VMware Home Lab in a Complete Walkthrough

https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/home-lab

0 Kudos