VMware Edu & Cert Community
JasonWong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Passed the VCP5

Got a 350. No idea where I made the mistakes as there was no feedbacks. Big thanks to all the guys here.  Didn't do the official class as I am a VCP4. Did the usual, a week to set up my VSphere 5 lab, played with it whenever I could get a few mins off or when I read something and just want to test it out. Read the feedback/blog of those who passed,etc. Spend 1 week (full time) scanning through the white papers, what's new and official docs, a few hundreds pages of them. Went through the VMWare Sample Exam three times. Flip through the configuration maximum but didn't try to memorise too much of it.

Anyway, I feel it's a better exam than the v4. Good luck to all who had to clear it soon...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Congrats for the pass!

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
burropoco
Contributor
Contributor

Congrats on the pass. Thank you also for your experiences.

0 Kudos
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

:smileycool: cool & Congrates for sharing your experience

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
JasonWong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks guys for the congrads. Just to note that the blog and various VCP5 study guides (much of it in progress) has been useful. Those preparing would however be wise to attempt to create your own study guide based on the outline. I think the process is more important than the end result. I did end up googling ALOT, using the Knowledge list, I google each of these topics and search within VSphere 5 docs as well. Rowards the end (troubleshooting and performance), I skip the search and just try to read through the entire docs, wasn't too sure what to search for.

I will probably have to repeat this process for the VCAP-DCA and I expect it to be much harder and think I'll make more of a effort this time. I'm looking forward to the VMWare Press books for this. Anyway, good luck for those having to re-take the new VCP510 before the deadline. I don't think it's difficult and in fact I find it easier than VCP4 because I don't have good memory for those Configuration Maximum.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Congratulations!

As for the VCAP-DCA, you will need a vSphere lab and you will need to practice and practice - you can't learn how to pass that exam by studying from notes/books alone 😉

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JasonWong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Scott,

Thanks Scott.

You are making a awful lot of assumption here.  🙂  <---- I hope the smiley indicates that I'm not as annoy as I might have been by your assumption.  photo2.JPG

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I wasn't making any assumptions at all, I was simply responding to you saying you would probably use the same process for the VCAP-DCA as you did for the VCP - that's all...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos