VMware Edu & Cert Community
dsohayda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Passed the 2V0-622D today

I can't talk about specific details obviously, but I think the materials I used were helpful enough to get a passing grade so I thought I would list them in a single place to help others since next to nothing is out there currently.

• The official cert guide book. I read this and made flash cards while doing so. this is tricky because it's for 6.0, but i thought it would at least give me a good base. Flash cards are key here. I read this book a month or so ago, but was able to keep the content fresh up until minutes before taking the exam due to the wonder of index cards!

VCP6-DCV Official Cert Guide (Exam #2V0-621), 3rd Edition | Pearson IT Certification

• vSphere 6.5 product walkthroughs. I think these are great and helped a lot. quick and easy to understand, they go over all the new features and show how to set them up and mention specific requirements or gotchas. And they're free!

Product Walkthroughs

• The exam blueprint obviously. It's so very close to the 6.0 exam guide though... This is another reason I thought the 6.0 book would be helpful.

Exam Guide

• VMware Hands-On Labs. Theres a 6.5 lab (HOL-1710-SDC-1 - Introduction to vSphere v6.5)  where you can get, you guessed it, hands-on time with a 6.5 environment to click through all the features and functions you've read about in all these other items.

VMware Learning Platform

• vBrownbag in general is great. Their 6.5 videos are pretty good, but their blueprint run through is very good. Again, it's based on 6.0, but I thought it was still helpful.

vBrownBag Follow-Up What's New in vSphere 6.5 - vSphere & vCenter Overview w Adam Eckerle @eck79 - Y...

VCP6-Study-Guide

• Free VMware self-paced training for what's new in 6.5. Very dry and sleep inducing, but super helpful for this exam.

VMware vSphere: What's New Fundamentals [V6.0 to V6.5]

• Pluralsight what's new in 6.5 series. I love Pluralsight. They have a lot of great VMware content and this series is no different. They even have some simple 'test your knowledge' questions. My employer is nice enough to pay for my account, but they offer a 10 day or 200 minute, whichever comes first, free trial. The course is under 2 hours so that's plenty of time. They also have a 2V0-621 exam prep series, but that clocks in at 28 hours!!! So pay for a month. they're worth it, and so are you.

What's New in vSphere 6.5? | Pluralsight

• IT Pro TV's VCP6DCV course. Broken record, I know, but here we have another 6.0 resource that I think was still helpful with me passing the 6.5 delta exam. I found myself questioning some of the statements made throughout this 26 hour course, but overall I think it had a lot of good content and the instructor is good at presenting the material. I watched this course at 2x speed and it was still possible to understand it. Bonus points. Their free tier only gives you live streaming access though so you'll have to pay for a full month to get access to this course.

https://itpro.tv/course-library/vmware-certified-professional-6-vcp6dcv/

And, after all that, there were still a lot of questions on there that I just plain didn't know the answer to netting me a score of 424 which I thought was pretty low considering how well I thought I did as I was taking it.

At any rate, good luck to you. You got this!

Tags (1)
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Congrats on the pass, and well done for sharing your insights with the community.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mattbucher
Contributor
Contributor

Every bit helps!  Thanks for the input and congrats!!!

0 Kudos
TheJohnBailey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I wonder if the 622D is easier than the 622?  I'm hoping it is!!

0 Kudos
anandtrivedi200
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I will also planning for 2v0-622D in 2-3 days, all information very much helpful!, Thanks for the input and congrats for your certification!!!

0 Kudos
Ganeshpal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi annand,

Please update have cleared .

BR,

Ganeshprasad Pal

0 Kudos