VMware Edu & Cert Community
Calitraveler
Contributor
Contributor

Passed my VCP-510 exam!! Question about free Workstation license

Yay! I passed my exam yesterday.

I got the email today to authorize my certificates etc...  I was wondering because the license I received for VMware Workstation is for version 9. I would assume since 10 is released that would be the license that I'll be getting.

Does anyone have info or know who I can direct my query to? (email came from noreply@vmware.com so I can't reply to it to ask the question).

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can email certification@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Calitraveler
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers Scott.

Here's the response I got.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Regarding your Case XXXXXXXXXXX:

Hello XXXXX,

Currently Workstation 9 is only available as a benefit for VCP5-DCV certification program. If you would like to upgrade to VMware Workstation 10, you can purchase an upgrade for $119 US Dollars at the link below.

http://store.vmware.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=vmware&id=ProductDetai...

Thank you

VMware WW Certification Advocate

PH + 1-866-377-4710 [North America]

FAX +1 650-739-0499 [North America]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm speechless....:smileyangry:

0 Kudos
muddin
Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations..

0 Kudos
milton123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Conz..

0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Congratulations.

Write Another Certification after a while and you might get version 10 license Smiley Wink

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
likeahoss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I passed my VCP5-DCV in July.

I opened two cases about the Workstation license.  The first question was regarding Workstation 10 license upgrade and I received the same response as yours.  The second case I opened was regarding receiving the initial Workstation 9 license "benefit".  Their response is:

There is currently an overwhelming response of certifications that are being processed and we are currently out of workstation keys to provide to any new certified candidates. We invite you to download the free trial until we can provide the complimentary workstation keys. Please note we are working diligently to have them generated and sent to everyone as soon as possible.

5 months later, I still haven't received a key.

0 Kudos