VMware Edu & Cert Community
jftuga
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Passed VCP510 today :-)

I passed VCP410 in December and wanted to get this done before the Feb 29th deadline.  I felt this exam was at the same level of difficulty (or slightly less) compared to 410.

This nice thing about today was that there is now a testing center in my home town and I don't have to drive an hour to the next closest site.  They told me I was their first Pearson Vue tester.  Fortunately, everything went smoothly.  What a relief Smiley Happy

Realistically, how much harder is the VCAP?  If I scored in the low 400s on this test, what are my chances (after studying more)? What are the differences between the two tests?

Thanks,

-John

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Congratulations on the pass!

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Congratulations!

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I assume you're asking about VCAP-DCA? It is a very significant step up from VCP, the entire exam is made up of tasks performed on a live lab, and many of the tasks have to be performed using a variety of command-line tools.

Congratulations on your VCP4 and VCP5.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JonKemp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Congratulations - I also passed mine yesterday.

The VCAPs are significantly harder and time is usually not on your side. I ran out of time on the DCA (thankfully still passed) and just about had enough time on the DCD.

As has already been said the DCA is a full live lab exam and utilises all the various options for configuring and troubleshooting the environment so if you're not used to using the vMA or PowerCLI get a test lab up and running. Also take a moment to go through the DCD Exam UI demo to get a feel for the tool you will use in the exam.

I am hoping that the live lab experience on the VCAP 5 DCA will be improved. The time delay (and the extremely low resolution of the screen) really was an unwelcome distraction. Importantly remember that you have only got around 5 minutes per question on the DCA and keep an eye on that timer.

I hope both the VCAP for vSphere 5 are up and running soon as I am going all out for VCDX this year.

0 Kudos
katepalli
Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!!

Balraj Katepalli
0 Kudos