VMware Edu & Cert Community
notesguru99
Contributor
Contributor

Passed VCP510 today.... by the skin of my teeth ;-)

All,

First exam in over 5 years and I passed earlier today by 5 points!  So to anybody out there wishing to sit and pass this exam, a word to the wise..  If you only have a standard licence and a small setup, please practice with the evaluation licence using enterprise plus.  I was hammered with DRS and vDS questions, most of them were troubleshooting scenarios, but I imagine with real experience I would have done much better.   I did revise maxims, log files, vsa and user security like crazy and received no questions on those topics!  Oh, well, atleast I know a little bit more now 😉

By the way, I used the measureup mock exam, purchased through the vmware site to practice and it was definitely useful as was the clustering deep dive book and don't skim read the vsphere documentation either!!!  This is difficult exam so prepare well and best of luck.Smiley Happy

3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Congratulation for passing the exam. With this done, you really deserve the Weekend. Smiley Wink

André

vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Congratulations!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
agallagh42
Contributor
Contributor

Congrats. I just passed yesterday.  The exam was a lot trickier than I anticipated.  I've been working with large environments for years (enterprise plus, hundreds of hosts, thousands of VMs), and it was still really tough.