VMware Edu & Cert Community
nalbada
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Passed VCP exam today, now what?

I took the VCP exam today and passed with a 300 even. What happens next? Do I wait for VMware to match up my training to my exam? Is there any action required on my part?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes, under the myTasks section you will see the item "VCP on vSphere4" appear with a list of things to do.

The items are:

Item Completed  VCP on vSphere4 Exam
AND
  Item Completed  Confirm VCP 4 Shipping Address
AND
  Item Completed  Consent VCP 4 Transcript Release
AND
  Item Completed  VMware Certification Agreement (VCP4)
VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Congratulations!

Assuming your got your training at a VATC (VMware Authorized Training Center) all information will get to VMware.  It usually takes 4 - 8 weeks to receive your welcome kit in the mail.

idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

just wait for the cert. to arrive on your mailbox. and congratulations! 😃

nalbada
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I got my training through Global Knowledge, but it was actually a VMware employee who did the training. They have an office in Broomfield near me. I think Global Knowledge was reselling the VMware class because I was the only one in it who had registered through GK rather than VMware. Definitely an official class, and quite good.

0 Kudos
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Some additional work that will need to be done is on the VMware Certification (myLearn) portal. Once your transcript is updated you'll need to fill out some web forms with your address and agreements. It shows up as a task list (do A, B, C, D and then you are "done"). After that you'll begin the wait for your welcome kit. Smiley Happy

Congrats on your VCP4.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Official coursers are not held in VMware office, but always in authorized training center.

And usually by non VMware employees, but by VCI (VMware Certified Instructor).

Congratulations for the pass.

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
nalbada
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It was at an authorized training center (Microtek in Denver), and a VTI did perform it, but that person also happened to be a local VMware employee at the nearby office. Perhaps just a coincidence. 

0 Kudos
nalbada
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Chris, that is what I was looking for. It sounds like there may be some minor things for me to do. If I understand you right, you are saying that my education account will update with the exam record (it shows the class transcript already), and then some tasks will show up?

0 Kudos
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes, under the myTasks section you will see the item "VCP on vSphere4" appear with a list of things to do.

The items are:

Item Completed  VCP on vSphere4 Exam
AND
  Item Completed  Confirm VCP 4 Shipping Address
AND
  Item Completed  Consent VCP 4 Transcript Release
AND
  Item Completed  VMware Certification Agreement (VCP4)
0 Kudos
nalbada
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Chris, about how long should that take to populate? The myLearn account has the training transcript, but is otherwise blank. It does not show the exam yet from Friday. The myTasks section is empty. Just looking for a timeline so I don't drop the ball on my parts.

Thanks,
Daniel

0 Kudos
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I passed my VCP4 test on Feb 25th, 2010, and the task states it was added on March 28th, 2010. Just take heart that most things on the certification track take a lot of patience (after a month I ended up emailing the certification team to find out what was up). I didn't get my packet until early May - which was about 2 1/2 months after taking the exam.

However it should be faster for you, as this was back when the team was busy upgrading the myLearn site and adding all of the VCP3's first, then taking care of VCP4's.

Per the email back then:

VCP3 certifications will be uploaded first, in phases. We are unable to accommodate individual requests for updates. VCP3s who were certified by January 1, 2007 have been uploaded. VCP3s who were certified from January 1 to June 30 2007 are currently being uploaded and matched.

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
nalbada
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, Chris. It sounds like a pretty manual process for the VMware team. Your posts have given me exactly what I was looking for.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
dmbrooks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Passed mine last week and looks like the same wait for me too.

Nothing showing under transcript or my tasks.

Oh well, patience is a virtue.

0 Kudos
nalbada
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tomorrow will be two weeks. No change. There are no tasks, and the exams tab of the transcripts is still empty. I'm down from checking it daily to checking it weekly. :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It usually takes anywhere from 4 - 8 weeks. If you have questions/concerns you can always email certification@vmware.com

0 Kudos
torquevci
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Congtrats on the pass....time to start prepping for your VCP5 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
nalbada
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Have I been napping? :smileyshocked:

When did vSphere 5 release? I see it all over the website now. Has there been any certification track info/dates given yet?

0 Kudos
rajubhr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

I want to take VCP 4 examination can you please help me the procedure and dumps how to pass...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Lots of new posts on my blog related to vSphere 5 training and certification: http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-posts-related-to-vsphere-5-release.html

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Official VCP4 page:

http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=22519&ui=www_cert

Lots of VCP-related information on my blog:

http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com

You will need to attend an official vSphere training course as part of becoming a VCP, and I wouldn't recommend using any dumps as they are always inaccurate - and the official certification forum is definitely not a good place to be asking for them either.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos