VMware Edu & Cert Community
als7ly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Passed VCP-NV 2v0-642, but the certificate isn't issued

Passed VCP-NV 2v0-642, but the certificate isn't issued , and after contacting support they responded with this

A per the telephonic conversation, as you hold a higher version of certification i.e VCP6.5-DCV you need to attend anyone of the below course for the VCP6-NV certificate to be generated under certification manager.

NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.0], [V6.1], [V6.2]

NSX: Install, Configure, Manage - On Demand [V6.0], [V6.2]

NSX for Internetworking Experts Fast Track [V6.0], [V6.1], [V6.2]

NSX: Install, Configure, Manage plus Troubleshooting & Operations Fast Track [V6.2]

NSX Troubleshooting & Operations [V6.1], [V6.2]

NSX: Design & Deploy [V6.1], [V6.2]

Security Operations for the Software Defined Data Center

nothing in the portal said anything related to this.

what should i do, this is so frustrating

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I can resolve the situation. Unfortunately, it looks like you received bad information. If you hold a current VCP in any track, you are able to earn a new VCP in another track by simply taking the VCP exam for that track. Since you are current, you would not need to take the training again nor the Foundations exam.

I don't have your details, but the customer support team should and I'll follow up with them to make sure it gets resolved correctly.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sounds like an odd situation - it you held VCP5-DCV that would have been a listed route - path 2 here: VCP6-NV Certification

Let me check internally...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
als7ly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

this is the Support Request # 17642332612

kindly help it is so frustrating

0 Kudos
als7ly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This is the last reply I got

Please be informed that currently, none of our active certifications have backwards compatibility, this means that since you completed the VCP6.5-DCV requirements you can pass any VCP6.5 level exam and earn the certification, however, if you take a lower level exam (VCP6), the certification will not clear unless you fulfill all the requirements for the corresponding certification level

I can't understand that

Doesn't the 6.2 or 6.5 is the product iteration.

What compitability they are talking about.

I don't know what to do, I put so much energy in studying for the exam.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you confirm which VCP you already hold, and when you last were certified/recertified please?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
als7ly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I only hold VCP6.5-DCV it was issued in 23 Aug 2017.

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I can resolve the situation. Unfortunately, it looks like you received bad information. If you hold a current VCP in any track, you are able to earn a new VCP in another track by simply taking the VCP exam for that track. Since you are current, you would not need to take the training again nor the Foundations exam.

I don't have your details, but the customer support team should and I'll follow up with them to make sure it gets resolved correctly.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
als7ly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks for the support

0 Kudos