VMware Edu & Cert Community
dsohayda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Overlap in questions between VCP-DCV 2V0-621D & 2V0-622D?

I know sometimes in an effort to get new versions of exams out quick they re-use some of the questions that were used on the last exam.

Has anybody taken the two exams and noticed this to be the case?

The blueprints for the two exams look very similar so I'm trying to see if using some of the old content to prepare would be helpful or harmful...

Thank you

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 of these exams share some items:

2V0-621 (VCP6-DCV)

2V0-621D (VCP6-DCV Delta)

2V0-622 (VCP6.5-DCV)

2V0-622D (VCP6.5-DCV Delta)

In terms of preparation - I would try and use the matching version of software, documentation, and any other study material/resources - better to not have to worry about things that are version-specific.

If you're taking the 6.5 exams, use 6.5 resources if possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 of these exams share some items:

2V0-621 (VCP6-DCV)

2V0-621D (VCP6-DCV Delta)

2V0-622 (VCP6.5-DCV)

2V0-622D (VCP6.5-DCV Delta)

In terms of preparation - I would try and use the matching version of software, documentation, and any other study material/resources - better to not have to worry about things that are version-specific.

If you're taking the 6.5 exams, use 6.5 resources if possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog