VMware Edu & Cert Community
engkemo2002
Contributor
Contributor

On the way to DCV-VCP6.... (advices plz)

Hi All,

I have just passed the “VvSphere6 Install, Configure, Manage” training last week, and looking forward to pass the DCV-VCP6 certification exam by the end May/2016.

I’ll be very grateful if you can share all useful advices regarding documents, exam preparations, home lab, ..etc.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have a read through this page on my blog: VMware Training and Certification: VCP6-DCV Information and Preparation

Here's a guide on building a nested vSphere 6 lab: http://www.vladan.fr/how-to-setup-nested-vsphere-lab-on-a-pc-by-using-vmware-workstation/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Bugatt1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My friend earlier passed the 5.5 ICM course. Wiil he get the VCP6 after passing the exam for VCP6-DCV?

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If your friend have done just the course vSphere ICM (5.5) but didn't do certification exam, than in that case Directly appearing for exam of Version 6 is not going to work.

Either Take VCP5-DCV exam and then take delta exam (2V0-621D) to upgrade it to VCP6-DCV

Or

Take vSphere, what's new (5.5 to 6) course and take Exams 2V0-620 & 2V0-621 to achieve VCP6-DCV

Please refer: VCP6-DCV Certification

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No he won't.

The simplest and cheapest path for him is to pass the VCP550 exam AND the 2V0-621D exam.

Passing the first of those will give him VCP5-DCV, he will then gain VCP6-DCV after passing the second exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos