VMware Edu & Cert Community
SubnetJO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New VMware Certifications

Good Morning.
I have seen there was a little "revolution" in the VMWare certification paths and I cannot figure out how to manage with it.
All VCP certifications are referred to as VCP#-XX.
For instance, VCP5-DV, VCP5-Cloud and so on.
It seems that the "simple" VCP4 and VCP5 disappeared.
Anywhere within the VMware website the certifications are referred to this new way.
Since I'm VCP4 and VCP5 certified, I would like to know how to manage with this.
Have the VCP5 no more meaning at VMWare and I have to take other exams to update to VCP5-XX?
Are the VCP5 automatically updated with one this new "names"?
If so, why in myTranscript, logos I still see the simple "old" VCP5?
Can someone of you please help me with a clear explanation of what is going on?
Of course, any document about this or any kind of help is very welcome.
Thank you all for your kind support.
Regards.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'd recommend you ask this question in the VCP: VMware Certified Professional forum rather than in a private group.

From what I understand the VCP certification has been renamed to VCP-DV (Datacenter Virtualization) for easier association of the certification to the associated technology/solutions.

André

SubnetJO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have even opened a case to the education dept at VMWare, but now two weeks are gone without an answer.

I will follw your suggestion.

I apologize I have written to the wrong forum

Thank you

0 Kudos
Shekheraryan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am excited about sharing this information with you to help you prepare to take and pass the VCP5 test. You can log on to my blog http://www.vmwaretrainings.com  and get quality training and practices guidelines.

I will suggest to have a LAB ready on VMware workstation 9 or one system for vCenter and couple of for ESXi hosts.

Thanks

Chandra Shekher

http://www.vmwaretrainings.com/

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

It is my understanding the "simple" VCP will become VCP4-DCV or VCP5-DCV - if you have your VCP4 or VCP5 Desktop Virstualization you will become a VCP4-DT or VCP5-DT - the trabscript should be upgraded automatically, at least that is what I think.

In either case your VCPs are still valid and represent a high level of VMwareknowledge and experience

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos