VMware Edu & Cert Community
erandall
Contributor
Contributor

New VCP510 alumni!

I took the boot camp from Trainingcamp dot com.  It was long hours but the instructor, William Grismore, was awesome!  We did four 12 hour days then took the exam on Friday.  I passed with a 411 and am very happy with this! 

I've been working with VMware since 3.5 and recently took out company to 5.1 prior to the boot camp.  We run 24 hosts, 245 guests, 4 virtual data centers all on fiber storage.  I'd never done distributed switches and we never had iSCSI storage.  As you know, the course doesn't cover much on dvSwitches and focuses primarily on iSCSI.  The course and the instructor were instrumental in getting me over those two areas I have not experienced. 

I returned to work on Monday and during the day, moved all of production for two data centers over to dvSwitches.  :smileygrin: 

This certification was a requirement for work and without it, I'd have lost 50% of my raise and bonus.  No pressure, right?  1st try and it is over!  w00t!!!

-Eric

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - Congratulations on the pass! I did not realize that trainingcamp.com was a VATC -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
erandall
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, they are authorized and each camp carries a Pearson Vue testing center with them. We got to take the course and do the test all at the single facility.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos