VMware Edu & Cert Community
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

New VCP-Cloud Certification Exam Available

There is a new exam available to qualify candidates for the VCP-Cloud Certification. This new exam (exam code VCPC550) is based on vCloud Automation Center 5.2 and vCloud Director 5.5, where the existing exam (exam code VCPC510) is based on vCloud Director 5.1. Passing either of these exams will earn VCP-Cloud certification if you have also taken an approved required course. Learn more.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ToddCBrown
Contributor
Contributor

Which course would you recommend for this course: vCloud Automation 5.2 or vCloud Director 5.5? I noted that even though it has 550 in the name the blueprint includes both vCloud Automation and vCloud Director portions.

I presume that vCloud Automation 6.0 might confuse more than help, correct?

0 Kudos
MannyS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any chance a vCAC trial will be available for labbing purposes? VMware have most of their software available for trials, why not vCAC considering it's what they will be running with instead of vCD?

Thanks!

|| VCAP5 - DCA, VCP 5 and a slew of Microsoft certs. || If you find this answer useful, please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful. Thank you.
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have a look at HOL 1321 on vCAC: VMware - NEE

There's also a large number of videos on YouTube - search for "vCAC 6.x"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
DjinjiRinji
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Lilesj and Scott.

I have VCP5-DCV and VCP-DT certifications and currently planning to seat for VCP-Cloud.

Can I seat for VCPC550 without attending any training? I thought my only option was VCPC510 but prefer to seat for latest version if not courses are required.

Thanks

Kindly mark as solved if your questions are answered.
>>>>>
Guillermo R
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gramallo
Web: http://bakingclouds.com/
0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

>I have VCP5-DCV and VCP-DT

Yes, any current (VCP5-DCV, or VCP5-DT or VCP-Cloud) VCP-level cert will allow you to sit any VMware exam and achieve the associated certification without an additional class.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have a look here at the various possible paths, and to download the exam blueprints etc.

(VCP-Cloud) VCP-Cloud

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos