VMware Edu & Cert Community
gaurav0811
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Need help with VCP 5 Certification..

Hi All,

I am planning to take up the VCP-5 Certification in a months time.. Would appreciate if someone can suggest some online\mock test ..., share their exp and provide some useful tips..

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh26
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

gaurav0811 wrote:

I am extremely sorry, I wasn't even aware of that.

What did you think you were asking for when you asked for dumps?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
nielse
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

I wouldn't suggest using dumps but study it by youself.

There are several good resources out there, one of those is the resources page by Vladan.

I myself have written a personal experience as well which contains a summary with some tips. Also Sybex released a VCP5 book which I highly can recommend.

@nielsengelen - http://foonet.be - VCP4/5
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Asking for dumps on here is not wise, but I can offer some guidance on good preparation for VCP5.

- You should take a look at this page and all the resources on it: http://www.vmware.com/go/vcp

- The VCP5 landing page on my blog will also be useful for you: http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/vcp5-information-and-preparation.html

Pay very careful attention to the exam blueprint, and be sure to include hands-on lab practice in your preparations.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

• I agree with Scott's recommendation and follow the VCP Blue Print - it presents what will be covered on the exam and should be followed as to what you need to study.
  • Get hands on experience - this will help on how thing work togetehr
  • I agree with others dumps are not a good idea - the one I have seen are just plain wrong and they also run the risk of violating VMware's copyright
If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
EdWilts
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Scott won't recommend his own book so I'll do it for him:

"Mastering VMware vSphere 5" - by Scott Lowe. 

Pick up a copy at Amazon - you won't be sorry.,  Not only will you find it VERY useful studying for your VCP, you'll refer to it later so you'll want to keep it on your desk.  You'll find many answers to exam questions covered in the book - not phrased as an exam question & answer, but phrased like you actually want to learn the material rather than just pass the exam.

Since you're planning on writing the exam in a month, NOW is the perfect time to pick up a copy and start working through it.  Don't wait a couple of weeks and try to cram then because there's a LOT of material in there that you need to understand.

.../Ed (VCP4, VCP5)
Josh26
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

gaurav0811 wrote:

Hi All,

I am planning to take up the VCP-5 Certification in a months time.. Would appreciate if someone can suggest dumps..., share their exp and provide some useful tips..

Regards

I would point out that you just asked - on VMware's own forum - where presumably they can link your email address to your VCP account - for assistance in cheating on said certification.

My useful tip would be to think carefully about doing that.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ed, you said "Scott won't recommend his own book so I'll do it for him" - I wish I'd written that book but I'm not THAT Scott Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
gaurav0811
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

gaurav0811 wrote:

Hi All,

I am planning to take up the VCP-5 Certification in a months time.. Would appreciate if someone can suggest dumps..., share their exp and provide some useful tips..

Regards

When are you planning to attend an authorized VMware training course?

TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Dumps or as they are more commonly "Brain Dumps" are Cheating.  this is not just from the point of view of VMware, but also the case for Microsoft, Cicso and other certifications.

Brain Dumps are real world questions that have been remembered and written down unlawfully, thereby stealing Copywrite.  this is the same as getting a look at your Grade exams at High School.

IT IS CHEATING.  and you have openly requested that you be forwarded these on a VMware Authorised Forum.

I would heavily suggest to follow the advice of the other responders and Study for the exam with the Blue Print for a guide.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
Josh26
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

gaurav0811 wrote:

What did you think you were asking for when you asked for dumps?

0 Kudos
gaurav0811
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have completed the training.

0 Kudos
gaurav0811
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was under the impression that they were like mock test, that can be used to practice for the test.

0 Kudos
gaurav0811
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please accept my sincere apologies. I have no intention to violate  VMware guidelines. When I used the term I was under the impression that  they are mock test that can be used to practice for the  test. I had none other intention.

0 Kudos
gaurav0811
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank all of you for your sincere suggestions and for enlightening me  about something that I probably didn't understand pretty well.. and  asked for it.
Sorry again.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The links I posted before both have some legitimate practice tests - VMware's own mock exam is on their VCP5 page, and there are links to some non-braindump practice questions on my blog page.

gaurav0811
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi All,

Thanks for valuable suggestions and recommending books.. I did follow the recommendation of fellow community members and completed my certification the ideal way. Though I have never been associated with VMware.. I love the technology, the more I read about it, the more it fascinates me!!

Once again, thank you all for your guidance and preventing me from falling for dumps and ruining my learning and prospects.. Smiley Happy

TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Then let me be one of the first to congratulate you on sucessful completion of your VCP Journey

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410