VMware Edu & Cert Community
abhimanyubhatta
Contributor
Contributor

Need details for VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)

Hi Friends,

I am planing to take VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) training from Dimension Data India Limited, Bangalore. Does anyone knows about this organization? Also I would like to take the certification for this course . I have not had any experience before. Kindly suggest me how do I prepare for the exam and is there any simulator for dump question available for this certification?

Regards

Abhimanyu

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mbmaplethorpe
Contributor
Contributor

I'd contact the center offering the training as they should be able to tell you if they offer VMware approved courses or not.

First off forget anything to do with brain dumps. I'm preparing for my exam at the moment and the forum here has offered lots of helpful advice, namely -

1. Get the latest exam blueprint.
  2. Build your own vSphere lab at home and work through the blueprint using the lab - you may of course have access to a lab at work. 60 day trial versions can be downloaded and there's lots of lab setup guides online.
  3. Check out some of the study books that are available and also the numerous VM blogs. A bit of searching on Google and here will give you plenty.
  4. Download and read the vSphere documenation
0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Abhimanyu

Welcome to VMware Community,

Yes Dimension Data is a authorized training center for VMWare. I did my training there. To confirm you can check here VMware Training - Training Centers

Type in the location as bangalore and you will see DD being in the list of authorized training centers. To give my personal opinion, they have good trainers for VMware.

Now coming to the preparing part, it will be better if you get to do some hands-on before taking up the exam. There are lot of materials online that will help you study. Do not follow dumps blindly.

You can check my blog to get the links VCP | vPirate

You will get an unofficial guide here - New study guides for VCAP5-DCA and VCP5-DCV exams preparation

You will also get a free course on VMware Hands-on-labs which will be the same as the one given during the training - VMware

Good luck.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is good advice - always a good idea to focus on the blueprint, the documentation, and the software...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos