VMware Edu & Cert Community
balansnkl
Contributor
Contributor

My VCP5.5 got expired yesterday (19/12/2016), is it possible to do VCP 6.0

Hi,

My VCP5.5 got expired yesterday (19/12/2016), is it possible to do VCP 6.0. Please confirm

0 Kudos
10 Replies
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi balansnkl,

Migration Paths from v5 Certification to v6

Please find the way in which you can upgrade vcp from 5.5 to 6.0 per VMware documentation.

Upgrading from VCP5 to VCP6: Only one exam is required.

There is no course attendance required (but it is recommended).

•There will be five VCP6 migration options across the four technology tracks: Data Center Virtualization (DCV), Desktop and Mobility (DTM), Cloud Management and Automation (CMA), and Network Virtulization (NV):

•VCP6: Data Center Virtualization Exam (exam number: 2V0-621) – Beta Coming Soon!

•VCP6: Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam (exam number: 2V0-621D) – Beta Coming Soon!

•VCP6: Desktop & Mobility Exam (exam number: 2V0-651) – Coming Soon!

•VCP6: Cloud Management and Automation Exam (exam number: 2V0-631) – Coming Soon!

•VCP6: Network Virtualization Exam (exam number: 2V0-641) – Coming Soon!

•If you hold one of the following v6 certifications you will be automatically migrated to the equivalent new VCP6 certification:

•VCP6-Cloud = VCP6-Cloud Management and Automation

•VCP6-Desktop = VCP6-Desktop and Mobility

•VCP-Network Virtualization = VCP6–Network Virtualization

Regards

Basavaraj.R navalgund

banavalg@yahoo.com

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The paths in the reply above this one are for those who have not let their VCP expire.

As yours has expired, you will need to take training.

Path 4 here, which will include taking a What's New class: VCP6-DCV Certification

Or you can do Path 3 on the same page, and take a longer class than the What's New.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
balansnkl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

As per the below link VCP 5.5 expires on March 2017, But why my certification got expired.

Version 5 Certification Roadmap

0 Kudos
balansnkl
Contributor
Contributor

My registration number is 15580582, can you verify and confirm the status

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

March 2017 is when the VCP550 exam retires, for people who need to pass it to get VCP5-DCV - from that date there will be no new VCP5-DCV holders - this does not apply to you.

Your VCP5-DCV has expired as you've had it for 2 years - VMware introduced a "recertification policy" in March 2014, you can read about it here: Recertification Policy

Reminder emails are sent about the expiry of your VCP5-DCV - this is mentioned on the policy page above, I have received reminders myself as my VCP5-DCV expires at the end of February.

The paths I posted in my previous reply apply to you now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
balansnkl
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the details

0 Kudos
zubairhussain
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

My VCP5 expired, All I need is VCP5 for my current Job. By just completing Delta exam can I get VCP5 Certificate again, or by taking VCP5-DCV exam again?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No, to get any VCP certification now you'll need to take training - whether that's VCP5-DCV or VCP6-DCV.

VCP5-DCV - see path 5: (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

VCP6-DCV - see path 4: VCP6-DCV Certification

0 Kudos
jsiakasiya
Contributor
Contributor

Am allowed to do the same cert if it’s due for renewal this month?
Some candidates may have been and are still working with VCP5.5 and would find it earlsier to pass an exam for the technologies they are already very familiar with. Just trying to understand how re-certification is related to exam retake policy which says you cannot sit an exam you’ve already passed. In short, say I passed VCP 5.5 DCV 1.9 yrs again, can I sit VCP 5.5 DCV now to keep the cert alive.

The system does appear to allow exam bookings for an exam you’ve taken in the past, so do results get invalidated if this goes against if your answer is not in the affirmative?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you passed VCP510 to get your VCP5-DCV, you can recertify with VCP550D - have a look at path 4: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=12457&ui=www_cert

Otherwise, your options are here: Recertification Policy

0 Kudos