VMware Edu & Cert Community
spiffywiffy
Contributor
Contributor

March 10 Certification Expiry Question

Hi:

I couldn't find if someone already asked this question.  For folks who have certs expiring on March 10th, does this mean that you can take the required exam to re-certifiy ON March 10th or must you complete it today (March 9th).  MyLearn seems to indicate that your certification is valid "through to" March 10th, which leads me to believe one could take the exam on the 10th to re-certifiy.  Just want to be sure.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
VMWaresTheBeef
Contributor
Contributor

Spiffy,

This is taken directly from the VMWare Certification site.  Typically you are given to the end of the day stated.  I'm not a lawyer, but usually the terms, "On or before" are utilized to cement the exact date in question.  VMWare used, "must be certified by," which certainly explains your uncertainty.  I think you're fine as long as you do it on the 10th.

Thanks,

spiffywiffy
Contributor
Contributor

It still feels a bit ambiguous unfortunately.  I wish their wording was more specific.

0 Kudos
VMWaresTheBeef
Contributor
Contributor

Aha!  Here's confirmation.  If you co to www.vmwarerecertification.com it explains that the delta exam is only available through the 10th.  So to me that means you can take the test up through the 10th.  And that the expiration starts at 12:01 a.m. on the 11th of March.

0 Kudos
spiffywiffy
Contributor
Contributor

Well then!  That helps.  Thanks. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos