VMware Edu & Cert Community
walkersway
Contributor
Contributor

Link VCP to company,

Hi,

I recently moved to a position within another company. They are tying to link my certifications with them but are having some issues.

partnernetwork@vmware.com are advising that i have to let them move the certifications I have from my account under my personal email address to a new account using my work email address and then close off my old account.

I have never had to do this before and it seems a little odd. Should i ever move on  to another company i risk losing my certifications.

Can someone advise if this is the correct procedure.

I should note that previously i was linked to my old employer and never had to do this.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That's my understanding, but all the accounts are yours - not your employers.

You can ask now, and again in the future to have multiple accounts merged, so there is no risk of you "losing" your certifications.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
walkersway
Contributor
Contributor

They did not say they would merge them, they said to transfer the certs from my account to my work account and then close my account.

Thanks my biggest worry is that should I leave the company in the future and forget my account password I will have no way to access that account. How would I prove the certs are mine?

Thanks

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Once you create a new account, you can then request your old account is merged with it - I have quite a few different accounts that are all merged, that contain the various certifications I've achieved over the years.

If I moved to a new employer, I'd follow this path again.

That's how the myLearn system works, I've come across this a lot when helping new hires joining VMware.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
walkersway
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott,

I will speak to them again, i have no problem with the accounts being merged, as long as i get to keep my old account with my certs listed.

I just don't want to be left with one account in my company email address, should i forget the password and leave the company i work for i will loose access to the email address, And i don't see an easy way to reset the password then.

Mark

0 Kudos
vRick31
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try contacting mylearn_support@vmware.com

They are usually great about helping with these sorts of issues.

0 Kudos