VMware Edu & Cert Community
microproc
Contributor
Contributor

Legitimate Practice Questions for VCP6-DCV

Hi All,

I am sitting for VCP6-DCV exam by end of next month and my exam is already registered. I am searching for legit questions and I couldn't find any legit practice question bank by any vendor. I checked measureup, Transcender, skillsoft etc but all have old version (VCP 5) questions bank. I found some free questions by elasticsky but I feel these are not enough. New exam was launched last Aug 2015 and till now, none of the vendors have released anything, Is this exam is taken by anyone these days as I couldn't find any experiences on Google search /forums either. For CISSP, everyone posting their preparation experiences i.e. what material or practice exam they use etc. One search on Google and you 'll find dozen. For VCP 6, its clearly missing or maybe people lost their interest due changes from vcp5 to vcp6 especially now there are 2 exams.

I can see only companies like testking or similar are selling questions openly. Can anybody advise for practice questions (Legit only) specially those who recently Passed VCP6 in last few months.

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

yes now there are two exams, 2V0-620 - vSphere 6 Foundation exam AND 2V0-621 VCP6-DCV Exam.

https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=64178&ui=www_cert

try to go through above URL, explore exam objectives carefully, use suggested study material and also attend one of the required course.

I would strongly advise not to use Brain Dumps offered by some online vendors, because certification only adds value to your CV if you really know the product conceptually along with good hand-on exercises.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
douglasarcidino
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The practice exam in mylearn gives you some great information about the exam and should be very helpful to you. The exam blueprint and practice exam will provide the details you need.

If you found this reply helpful, please mark as answer VCP-DCV 4/5/6 VCP-DTM 5/6
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you look on the "How to Prepare" tab for the exam you're taking you'll see a link to a free Practice Exam.

vSphere 6 Foundations: vSphere 6 Foundations Exam

DCV Exam: VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Exam

You might also want to look at the Certification Exam Prep packages that are available in the Learning Zone: VMware Learning Zone Those include practice questions as well as reviews of the objectives

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
microproc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. The problem is that the questions are very few and are not covering all aspects of the blueprint. Same with others.

Vendors who are publishing legit practice exams are covering all areas which is not the case in VCP 6. I am surprised why vendors are so disinterested for VCP 6. Even VMware's own authorized vendors (skillsoft) doesn't have VCP 6 practice exams till date.

Anyways, I 'll rely on my preparation using the study guides, personal experience with VMware products and the practice exams mentioned in this post. 

Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos
douglasarcidino
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There is a reason that VMware does this. They try very hard to avoid having "paper VCPs." Meaning people who can get certified without actually getting hand on with the software. In my experience with all of the VCP exams that I have taken, if you perform all of the tasks in the blueprint in a lab, you will pass the exam. Installing and configuring vCenter, ESXi hosts, VSAN, DRS/HA configuration, read and understand the configuration maximums and read and understand the installation guides. These are the things that are covered and these are the things that will be tested. Combine that with the practice exams available in mylearn and you will be successful. Good luck.

If you found this reply helpful, please mark as answer VCP-DCV 4/5/6 VCP-DTM 5/6