VMware Edu & Cert Community
Kevinm13
Contributor
Contributor

Labs

Hi All

I'm trying to create a lab environment. I have a server with plenty of nics, storage and ram. the issue I'm having is with vm workstation it doesn't support the CPU. I have tried 12,14 and 15 have not had success. My question is, is there a simiulator or lab  that will let me create my own environment and that is not pre built?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You could check to see if ESXi would be supported on your hardware (and run that instead): VMware Compatibility Guide - System Search

There are free labs from VMware: Try VMware Hands-on Labs - VMware

You'll get access to a lab when you take an official class, for the duration of the class, which you might need to do in order to be a VCP anyway.

You can also buy and access the same labs independently of the classes themselves: VMware Lab Connect

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

There are these:

VMware Lab Connect

Try VMware Hands-on Labs - VMware

They are not exactly like building your own laboratory, but you can still do something.

Another solution is to purchase a Server service (from a provider) for a certain period and create your own environment.

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos