VMware Edu & Cert Community
seanmmasters
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just passed the VCPD550 but...

I just took and passed the VCPD550 (the VCP550 Delta Exam) online with only 7 days to go before expiration, but I'm concerned that I may have created an issue for myself. I had previously signed up to take the VCP550 exam at a testing center this coming week, and only just today realized I could take the VCPD550 online and perhaps spare myself the trouble. I didn't want to just cancel the VCP550 though unless I was sure that I'm all set.

So the question is: can I just cancel that or since I've already started the process will canceling somehow mess up my VMware.com enrollments?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xaviertaylor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Congratulations! In order to take the VCP550D, you would have to had  been authorized by VMware. This means you were at that time a valid VCP. This means passing the 550D would continue that certification. Your VCP status should be valid. Take a look at your Mylearn account for VCP status and date for validation.

Best Regards,

Xavier

Information Technology

A+  Microsoft Cisco VMware

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
xaviertaylor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Congratulations! In order to take the VCP550D, you would have to had  been authorized by VMware. This means you were at that time a valid VCP. This means passing the 550D would continue that certification. Your VCP status should be valid. Take a look at your Mylearn account for VCP status and date for validation.

Best Regards,

Xavier

Information Technology

A+  Microsoft Cisco VMware

0 Kudos
seanmmasters
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Took 48 hours as expected, but my transcripts are now updated and showing a 2017 expiration date.

Phew!

Thanks xaviertaylor!

0 Kudos