VMware Edu & Cert Community
Johnny87auxs
Contributor
Contributor

Just failed Data center Virtualization certification 1V0-21.20

I signed up for a UDEMY course which covers everything about Vsphere,esxi hosts, HA,DRS,Vmotion,Vsan etc , but i only scored 290 which is below the average being 300. Seems like the questions i asked were completely off to the content i studied. Any recommendations on books/websites/videos i should be studying for this again in the next few weeks? Kind of disappointed as i studied all the videos quite in depth, but the questions were alot different. My guess is the content is for the original Vmware technical associate 2022 which is now changed to the Data Center virtualization 2023.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As this is a VCTA exam and you created this post in the VCP area, I have reported the post to the moderators asking them to move it to the VCTA area.

The exam guide on this page tells you what topics are tested on, and has links to all the reference documents which were used to write and validate the exam items: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcta-dcv-exam.html

The exam was released in 2020, you can tell that by the .20 at the end of the code, if there is a new exam now we are in 2023 it would have a code ending .23

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Scott is correct. The content has not changed since its original release in 2020. We version the certification annually even if the exam hasn't changed.

0 Kudos