VMware Edu & Cert Community
TheJohnBailey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It has to be asked: Will there be a VCP6.7-DCV Exam?

With the recent GA release of vSphere 6.7, one wonders if skipping 6.5 is now a viable path?

See the details here: Introducing VMware vSphere 6.7! - VMware vSphere Blog

And here: vSphere 6.7 announced! - Yellow Bricks

Anyway, I'm excitedly anticipating the new training materials and wondering if this is related to why there is a gap on my bookshelf that contains "Mastering VMware vSphere 5", "Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5", and "Mastering VMware vSphere 6"...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
aadi369
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware is coming with up with new roadmap.......the format for VCP certification will be based on year....for Eg - VCP - DV 2018

Kindly mark this post useful/correct, if it matches your query.

0 Kudos
Iain_Worsfold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Based on the new certification roadmap as discussed in the blog post below, I would expect the next VCP-DCV based on vSphere 6.7 to be released in January 2019.

https://blogs.vmware.com/education/2018/08/22/we-are-changing-the-way-we-name-vmware-certifications-...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Agreed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
D3m4dm
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any new information when it will be released?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, from January 24th: It’s January…time for the new 2019 VCP certifications! - VMware Education Services

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos