VMware Edu & Cert Community
rnagpal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is vSphere ICM - On demand training enough to pass VCP-DCV exam?

Hi

I have plan to watch 90 lessons of on-demand training - vSphere 7: ICM by VMware for preparation of VCP-DCV exam and I don't have prior experience with vSphere. Is it enough to watch that content and pass the exam?

I am almost done with my on-demand training and also doing the labs which are with the on demand course.

Kindly advise, I have my exam next week.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can get questions on any topic in the objectives covered in the exam guide on this page: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv-7-exam.html

I think there will be more topics in the exam than you’ll find only in the ICM class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mOUs3yNATOR
Contributor
Contributor

I think after your class go launch vSphere and click every single option for a few weeks to get familiar with the flows.  I remember some of the questions I had a "what the..." moments because I couldn't seem to remember some of the options. I stared at the choices of each setting everyday but during the test I blanked out.  I guess when it becomes muscle memory, you sorta don't think about what you're doing anymore even though you know what your doing if that makes any sense.  I feel like the DCV exam for vSphere 7.x tests more of you using it everyday than the previous tests where it was more memorization. But that's what I think 😛

0 Kudos